Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crop Circle Narrative


Its 2029, and chimpanzees have taken over the earth. My name is Chester the chimp. I’m here to tell you about the most unexplainable thing that I have ever seen outside the city of Edmonton. I saw a crop formation. There isn’t even an explanation as to how this crop formation got there. It must have been formed very quickly and secretively. I was in this same field the night before, and didn’t notice anything out of the usual. Maybe my chimp eyes are failing me.
Last night around nine o’clock p.m. the stars and moon were shining brightly and illuminating everything in sight. My brother had stolen my banana earlier, and was running around the brightly lit field with it. I, being my easily amused self, began chasing after him. I wasn’t going to let him win this one. Breathlessly, the chase continued on for a few minutes. I ran as fast as I could, for I was almost caught up, and then I tripped. I thought I had tripped over a big massive rock, but then I noticed what looked to be some unknown carving in the field. In the green grassy field sat a bunch of lines and circles intricately set in a complicated pattern.

My brother noticed me staring at something, and stopped dead in his tracks. He came closer to investigate the unknown. I was completely confused as to what I was staring at. It didn’t seem to make any sense at all to me. Nobody said I was a smart chimp. The pattern was the strangest looking thing I have ever seen. It seemed to be made up of lines and about five circles. Each circle looked to be fifty feet in diameter. The lines looked to be 15 feet wide. The formation looked endless. I stood there, jaw dropped. These circles looked to form a perfect diamond. One in the middle and four surrounding. Two of the four overlapped the middle circle. Perfectly straight lines connected the five circles. The five circles were all faultlessly the same size. The two outside circles are filled in with a smaller circle in each. It is almost inexplicable.

I wonder how it got put there. The formation was much too big to be manmade, and there was no way the wind could form something so complex. A huge machine could not have ever made something so perfect; so unique. I bet there is nothing like it anywhere else. I had heard of crop formations before, but never thought I would get to see one with my bare eye. My brother decided that a scientist chimp had made the pattern. I definitely don’t believe that. Maybe some unknown living being from another planet made it.

The next day, I had told my sociology class about this crop formation. None of them believed me. I described it in great detail (like I am in this assignment) and still no one believed me. They told me they wanted proof. I told them to get their brother to steal their banana, and run into the field, and they will see the crop formation that I saw. By the end of this story, a lot of my classmates had thought I had gone bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment